So. I have a dad. And he is a man. He has many qualities I admire. Multiple would be an understatement. But the one I admire the most, is his ability to take the absolute piss outta himself. There are many examples, stories etc. Not sure which one I like the mostest. And guess this is the most boring blog post ever, cause I’m not even gonna try and make it interesting by choosing a story to tell you. I’m just gonna say that I love my dad, he’s awesome, and I hope that one day I’ll be lucky enough to find someone who’ll be that sort of a dad to ma kids. Word. Yup. I still manage to keep up an ultra-exciting life. You should most deffo stay tuned, (tomoz post will be provocative galore, to make up for today’s emotional weakish one).
However, when I do something, I tend to do it properly… so if this is a boring blog post – let’s make it fucking ultra-boring!
Ladies and gents, I present to you; 7 “interesting” facts about Fathers’ Day (the only thing I like in below lameness, is the fact that the name “Dodd” appears… twice …. someone, almost as close to me as ma father, used to be called that.)
Soundtrack to these facts: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9V0tdWSYLE (a good soundtrack goes a looooong way me reckons)
1. Date first Fathers’ Day eva? Done – June 17, 1910
2. A person named Sonora DODD apparently recognized it takes two to tango… i.e., if there’s a mother’s day, perhaps the dicks should get the equivalent treatment once a year (Sonora DODD and her 5 siblings were raised by their father, after their mother died while giving birth – HEAVY. Dates’ naturally her father’s b’day – no surprises there)
3. Some men initially frowned upon this event, as flowers and gifts wasn’t looked upon as the manly thing to receive (or even give a fuck about for that matter).. however, they soon realized this was the festive season for BJ’s, steaks and sexual intercourse action in general – and they where all IN (quite literally too, I must add)
4. At some point, during the 20-30’s, peeps wanted to ban both M- and F-day, opting for something as original as “Parents’ Day”. For very obvious reasons, this shit did not go DOWN
5. Father’s day is NOT, I repeat NOT, a universal, or global date, by any means (I mean, how many fathers are being celebrated in OZ today? Sweden is da place to be right now, if you’re a dad, that is)
6. Keeping to the fatherly, and also very manly theme of Fathers’ Day, the official flower (!?!?!? A FUCKING FLOWER??? Could it at least be a beer?) is a rose. The colour being, (please tell me one dude who gives a fuck about a colour of a rose – without having any incentives when it comes to the other flower that rose will open up to him…. C’MON!), red for alive and white for dead (fathers that is)
7. The man (the myth, the legend – perhaps a fellow father?) who did the voice of Papa Smurf, also did the voices for Scooby-Doo, Ranger Smith on Yogi Bear and Astro and Rudi on the Jetsons – SCORE! His name? Why would I care, he’s not my dad.
HAPPY FATHER’S DAY PAPPA – GRATTIS PÅ FARS DAG VILDHUSSEN!